Monday, August 17, 2009

Shab RuffCut Interview and some Goodies.





Hello Folks, today we've got an interview from one of the best producers around these days.

Owner of Dandy Kid Records with his mate Slade "Defunct!" Templeton. Let him introduce himself to you...

So first of all if you could present yourself ?

YO ! My name is Shab Ruffcut and i make fun, bouncy, Jacking house music.
I Also own a record label called 'Dandy Kid Records' with my partner in crime "Slade' aka "Defunct".

How did you came into house music, and when did you started making your own music?


I've always been into music, i use to do a lot of music photography for the Basement Jaxx, the prodigy and big club brands like Ministry of Sound and thought after a while that i'd love to start making beats and bad basslines ! i started about 2 years ago making beats with Trevor Loveys and Jon (HiJack) and it grow from there.
http://www.shabphotographic.com/ - I"m still doing photography but i've been mainly concentrating on Music and the label

How did you start to create your own Label?

Dandy Kid records was started by myself and Slade as a platform to put out good party music, we wanted to experiment with different sounds and sign up new interesting artist like 'Camel', 'Duncstep' and 'Jeff Doublu', just to name a few.

Your latest Release Puss Puss Cous Cous is a Bomb , Really Liked "For what" and was wondering what inspired you , for this track?

"Puss Puss Cous Cous", is my latest EP, i wanted to have a nice mixture of original tracks and a wide selection of mixes, for example we have a Drum & Bass remix by DJ Deep & Shafie, Geoff K has kindly pumped to massive old skol garage house tracks !
"for What" is my new style, i'm experimenting with different sounds and exploring new genres, i'm trying to move away from my original 'Fidget' style. Over the next few months i'm gonna be working on more tracks this style. Keep your eyes out for "New York", it's an extension of "For What".

Which Artist changed your perception of music?

Dave Taylor, Trevor Loveys and The basement Jaxx are my idols, i get most of my inspiration from them. I have been very lucky to get shown the ropes and how to make music by Trevor Loveys, i've learnt a great deal from the man !!! BIG UP MR LOVEYS !!!

What is the venue you would like to dj at?

Space ! Ibiza ! its FUCKING AMAZING !!!

What is you're favorite track @ the moment?

LOL - "anything on Dandy Kid Records" !!!

Where can you see yourself in 2 years?

I hope i'll be traveling the world, meeting some amazing people and making 'Dandy kid Records" one of the best labels out there !!

Really kind from you to take some time in your schedule for this interview, and you've got Blog Love from our part :)

I really appreciate the support ;-)

For me you are my favourite producer these days.

That's very kind of you mate, Thanks for the kind words.


Show him some myspace love :

Shab Ruffcut's Space




Some extra tracks as well people go grab my latest track for free here :

mp3 : Tipsy - Soundboy

No comments:

Post a Comment